Posted by NASWDC Chapter
posted on January 18, 2023
DC social workers are in high demand, so you don’t need to stay in an unsatisfying job or limited to one specialty or location. NASW Metro DC’s new Career Center gives you 24/7 access to
· job postings for all career levels and specialties in the DC area
· instant nationwide job search capabilities, so you can find a position anywhere in the U.S.
· a free subscription that delivers new job postings directly to your inbox—just provide your email and zip code to get started right now!
· career development articles on finding, getting, and excelling at your job
· a resource library on negotiating, networking, and other lifelong work skills
· a tool to enable you to compare employer offers
· help with achieving your best self in your current position such as articles on managing stress and strengthening your professional network
· employer spotlights, so you can see who’s offering hot positions and who wants YOU today!
- Go to the Career Center and sign in using your NASW member account on any desktop or mobile device or create a profile.
- Set up your profile so you can receive custom job alerts and other career info direct to your inbox.
- Upload your resume if you want to be discovered by employers.
“The new Career Center is the latest NASW Metro DC Chapter benefit developed to meet the unique needs of today’s social workers in the DC area,” says Executive Director Debra Riggs, CAE. “We know from our member data that a significant percentage of members are open to or are actively searching for new employment, higher salaries, and the next rung of their career ladders.
“Working with our vendor, WebScribble, we’ve designed an easy-to-use Career Center to meet your needs throughout your work life, including how-to resources such as prepping for an interview, updating your resume, and upskilling for career advancement. When it comes to finding and excelling in your dream job, your professional family at NASW has got your back!”
Questions? Email Riggs at email@example.com.