Event date: 6/4/2021 8:30 AM - 6/5/2021 5:00 PM Export event
SOLD OUT! Supervision: Foundations of Supervision (June 4-5)
Virtual Training Class!
This course fulfills the training requirement mandated by the Virginia Board of Social Work to provide clinical supervision for LCSW candidates. The Virginia Board of Counseling updated their regulations for LPC and LMFT licensure, however, now stating:
- For LPC and LMFT licensure, your supervisor must hold an active, unrestricted license as a LPC or LMFT only, in the jurisdiction where the supervision is being provided. At least 100 of the supervision hours must be supervised by a LPC. **Previously approved supervisors who are substance abuse treatment practitioners, school psychologists, clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, or psychiatrists can provide supervision until August 24, 2017.
This comprehensive seminar addresses the most critical issues for the clinical supervisor in social work. It provides an overview of supervision that is useful both for new supervisors and those wishing to refresh their supervision skills. Through presentation, large group and small group discussions, the following aspects of supervision will be explored:
- The purpose, role, and function of supervision;
- Theories and models of supervision;
- Oversight and guidance of supervisees, who diagnose, create treatment plans, and treat clients;
- Individual and group supervision facilitation;
- Parallel process and the importance of modeling strengths-based principles in supervision; and
- Ethical issues that arise in supervision.
Learning Objectives: Learning objectives for course participants include:
- Understanding the function of supervision and the role of the supervisor;
- Discussing various theories and approaches that are useful when supervising individuals or groups of supervisees; and
- Identifying and understanding potential ethical issues related to supervision.
Attendees will earn 14.0 Category I Contact Hours, including 2.0 Category I Contact Hours of Ethics.
- Please plan to login by 8:15 am; Seminar is 8:30 am-5:00 pm both days.
- This is a virtual training. An access code and a pdf of the manual will be sent to registrants the day prior to the beginning of the training.
Delores Dungee-Anderson, PhD, LCSW CTST, Professor
Registration Fees - CE certificate (emailed after training)
NASW Member $275
This will be a virtual training. Registrants will be sent an online access code and a pdf of the manual prior to the training.
Please plan to login by 8:15 am. The training begins at 8:30 am and ends at 5:00 pm each day.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: June 2, 2021
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY:
If you choose the "Bill Me" option during checkout, please mail payment within 7 days of registering in order to hold your seat. You will receive a confirmation email with your purchase information following checkout; this will serve as your invoice, no other invoices will be provided.
Checks should be made out to NASW Virginia and mailed to:
4860 Cox Road, Suite 200
Glen Allen, VA 23060
If a registrant cancels more than 10 days before the event, a refund will be issued by check or credit back to your credit card, minus a 10% administrative fee.
If cancelation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event, no refund will be issued but you may request a credit towards a future training to be used within 1 year of the cancelation date. Call the Chapter Office (804-204-1339) to cancel within 10 days of the training. A request for credit may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Director in case of a documented emergency.
DISABILITY ASSISTANCE/SPECIAL NEEDS
Individuals who require assistance under the ADA for participation in this training should contact NASW-VA at least 30 days prior to the start of the training. Please call the Chapter office at 804.204.1339 to discuss your needs or any concerns with a member of the staff.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted into any NASWVA sponsored trainings or events, without prior written consent by the chapter. For special situations and/or circumstances, please call or email the chapter office.
|Early registration ends on Dec 09, 2020.
Regular registration starts on Dec 10, 2020 and ends on Jun 02, 2021.
Late registration starts on Jun 03, 2021.