Event date: 11/13/2020 8:30 AM - 11/14/2020 5:00 PM Export event
Supervision: Foundations of Supervision
Virtual Training Class!
This comprehensive seminar addresses the most critical issues for the clinical supervisor in social work. It provides an overview of supervision that is useful both for new supervisors and those wishing to refresh their supervision skills. Through presentation, large group and small group discussions, the following aspects of supervision will be explored:
- The purpose, role, and function of supervision;
- Theories and models of supervision;
- Oversight and guidance of supervisees, who diagnose, create treatment plans, and treat clients;
- Individual and group supervision facilitation;
- Parallel process and the importance of modeling strengths-based principles in supervision; and
- Ethical issues that arise in supervision.
Learning Objectives: Learning objectives for course participants include:
- Understanding the function of supervision and the role of the supervisor;
- Discussing various theories and approaches that are useful when supervising individuals or groups of supervisees; and
- Identifying and understanding potential ethical issues related to supervision.
Attendees will earn 14.0 Category I Contact Hours, including 2.0 Category I Contact Hours of Ethics.
Registration is through NASW Virginia Chapter. Register using the link below.