Event date: 12/4/2020 8:30 AM - 12/5/2020 5:00 PM Export event
Supervision: Cultural Awareness to Multicultural Competence
Virtual Training Class!
This 2-day workshop identifies critical knowledge, behavioral aspects and practice strategies for successful multicultural supervision. The course incorporates an entire session on the understanding and practice of cultural humility as part of the multicultural competency growth process. It addresses diversity and the range of attitudes, values, and assumptions that are based on diverse ethnic, gender, racial, cultural and other interpersonal differences that facilitate or impede effective supervisor-supervisee interactions and successful relationship outcomes. The presentation includes didactic and experiential learning opportunities with a focus on:
- Identifying the differences and similarities between cultural awareness, cultural sensitivity, cultural responsiveness, and cultural humility
- Defining and applying the concept of cultural humility in clinical practice and supervision
- Understanding self-reflection processes and identification of interpersonal multicultural sensitivity
- Identifying evidence-based multicultural communication awareness and skills including age cohort generational variables.
- Identifying and applying key theoretical concepts of multicultural competence perspectives
- Providing strategic supervision practice strategies to enhance multicultural supervision processes and competence.
This course meets the 14-hour Supervision Requirement, as regulated under the Board of Social Work, and the Board of Counseling for 20 hours. There is NO pre-requisite to taking this training. In addition, it is recommended that any practitioner interested in cultural competency and cultural humility and social work practice, consider registering for this comprehensive professional development opportunity.
Attendees will earn 14.0 Category I Contact Hours, including 2.0 Category I Contact Hours of Ethics.
Registration is through NASW Virginia Chapter. Register using the link below.