Event date: 4/14/2023 8:30 AM - 4/15/2023 5:00 PM Export event
Supervision: Foundations of Supervision (April 14-15)
This course fulfills the training requirement mandated by the Virginia Board of Social Work to provide clinical supervision for LCSW candidates. The Virginia Board of Counseling updated their regulations for LPC and LMFT licensure, however, now stating:
- For LPC and LMFT licensure, your supervisor must hold an active, unrestricted license as a LPC or LMFT only, in the jurisdiction where the supervision is being provided. At least 100 of the supervision hours must be supervised by a LPC. **Previously approved supervisors who are substance abuse treatment practitioners, school psychologists, clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, or psychiatrists can provide supervision until August 24, 2017.
This comprehensive seminar addresses the most critical issues for the clinical supervisor in social work. It provides an overview of supervision that is useful both for new supervisors and those wishing to refresh their supervision skills. Through presentation, large group and small group discussions, the following aspects of supervision will be explored:
- The purpose, role, and function of supervision;
- Theories and models of supervision;
- Oversight and guidance of supervisees, who diagnose, create treatment plans, and treat clients;
- Individual and group supervision facilitation;
- Parallel process and the importance of modeling strengths-based principles in supervision; and
- Ethical issues that arise in supervision.
Learning Objectives: Learning objectives for course participants include:
- Understanding the function of supervision and the role of the supervisor;
- Discussing various theories and approaches that are useful when supervising individuals or groups of supervisees; and
- Identifying and understanding potential ethical issues related to supervision.
Attendees will earn 14.0 Category I Contact Hours, including 2.0 Category I Contact Hours of Ethics.
- Please plan to login by 8:20 am; Seminar is 8:30 am-5:00 pm both days.
- This is a live virtual training. Login information and a pdf of the manual will be sent to registrants the day prior to the beginning of the training.
Nikole R. Jiggetts, LCSW
Registration Fees - CE certificate (emailed after training)
NASW Member $275
This will be a live virtual training. Registrants will be sent login information and a pdf of the manual the day prior to the training.
Please plan to login by 8:20 am. The training begins at 8:30 am and ends at 5:00 pm each day.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: April 12, 2023