Social Work and “One Health”: Animal-Informed Practice with Individuals, Families & Communities
Virtual Training Class!
1. Introduce the "One Health" paradigm as critical lens through which to understand the interdependence of human, animal, and environmental health.
2. Explore human-animal relationships -- and access to animals and natural spaces -- as consequential to social justice practice.
3. Present "animal-informed” tools to improve the assessment and resourcing of animal-related issues that present in work with individuals, families, and communities.
4. Review the interprofessional skills necessary for collaboration, advocacy and policy-building within a One Health approach.
Attendees will earn 1.5 Category I Contact Hours.
- Arrival time is 6:50pm; Training is 7:00pm-8:30pm
- This is a virtual training. A link will be sent to registrants the day prior to the beginning of the training.
Maureen MacNamara, PhD and Jeannine Moga, MA, MSW, LCSW
Registration Fees - includes CE certificate (emailed after training)
NASW Member $30
This will be a virtual training. Registrants will be sent an online link the day prior to the training.
Please plan to login by 6:50 pm. The training begins at 7:00 pm and ends at 8:30 pm.
Registration deadline: October 19, 2021
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY:
If you choose the "Bill Me" option during checkout, please mail payment within 7 days of registering in order to hold your seat. You will receive a confirmation email with your purchase information following checkout; this will serve as your invoice, no other invoices will be provided.
Checks should be made out to NASW Virginia and mailed to:
4860 Cox Road, Suite 200
Glen Allen, VA 23060
If a registrant cancels more than 10 days before the event, a refund will be issued by check or credit back to your credit card, minus a 10% administrative fee.
If cancelation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event, no refund will be issued but you may request a credit towards a future training to be used within 1 year of the cancelation date. Call the Chapter Office (804-204-1339) to cancel within 10 days of the training. A request for credit may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Director in case of a documented emergency.
DISABILITY ASSISTANCE/SPECIAL NEEDS
Individuals who require assistance under the ADA for participation in this training should contact NASW-VA at least 30 days prior to the start of the training. Please call the Chapter office at 804.204.1339 to discuss your needs or any concerns with a member of the staff.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted into any NASWVA sponsored trainings or events, without prior written consent by the chapter. For special situations and/or circumstances, please call or email the chapter office.
Early registration ends on Jul 15, 2021.
Regular registration starts on Jul 16, 2021 and ends on Oct 19, 2021.
Late registration starts on Oct 20, 2021.
(GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
|| 1.5 CE Hours