“The Resilience Effect™: Understanding Adversity and Building on Resilience (The Basics)”
Virtual Training Class!
The Resilience Effect: Understanding Adversity and Building on Resilience Course provides participants with an understanding and skill base in the five (5) following areas:
- Understanding Trauma – The Most Basic Public Health Issue: Learn about Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) as well as other types of trauma and their impact on youth and adults’ overall wellbeing
- Trauma’s Impact on the Brain: Practice utilizing Dr. Sigel’s Upstairs/Downstairs brain model and Dr. Barret’s Body Budget model, build basic skills anyone can use to increase connection with others and understand what emotions are trying to us so we can be more present in our everyday lives
- Trauma’s Impact on At-Risk Health Behaviors: Assure you respond to the person’s NEED, not react to their BEHAVIOR
- Building Individual Resilience with Every Day Action: Promote self-calming skills, positive self-worth, and relationship building skills in others’ lives and our own
- Building Community Resilience: Understanding the Virtuous Cycle of Health, Building and Engaging in Trauma Informed Community Networks (TICNs) in Virginia, the power of resilience oriented Collective Impact Models and how they improve our communities’ health outcomes
Note: This course is designed towards audiences who have any interaction with persons known or not known to have mental health challenges or diagnoses. No prior knowledge of trauma is required for this course and non-clinical personnel have found great benefit from this course.
Instructor: Dr. Allison Jackson is CEO of Integration Solutions, Inc., a company that provides consultation services, educational programs, and technical assistance to human service organizations and integrated healthcare systems. Specializing in trauma-informed care and training people that resilience is possible when proper information and support is given, her company helps institutions further their practices as they guide people toward healing and recovery. Raised in Richmond, Va., Dr. Jackson has provided leadership development services via behavioral health, education, child welfare, and criminal justice systems for more than 20 years. See her full biography here and watch her TED talk at https://youtu.be/-HG8H4n2j9I.
Attendees will earn 3 Category I Contact Hours.
Registration Fees - includes CE certificate (emailed after training)
NASW Member $50
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: September 7, 2021
This is a live virtual training. Registrants will be sent the link to join the day before the training.
PAYMENT & REFUND POLICY:
If you choose the "Bill Me" option during checkout, please mail payment within 7 days of registering in order to hold your seat. You will receive a confirmation email with your purchase information following checkout; this will serve as your invoice, no other invoices will be provided.
Checks should be made out to NASW Virginia and mailed to:
4860 Cox Road, Suite 200
Glen Allen, VA 23060
If a registrant cancels more than 10 days before the event, a refund will be issued by check or credit back to your credit card, minus a 10% administrative fee.
If cancelation occurs less than 10 days prior to the event, no refund will be issued but you may request a credit towards a future training to be used within 1 year of the cancelation date. Call the Chapter Office (804-204-1339) to cancel within 10 days of the training. A request for credit may be granted at the discretion of the Executive Director in case of a documented emergency.
DISABILITY ASSISTANCE/SPECIAL NEEDS
Individuals who require assistance under the ADA for participation in this training should contact NASW-VA at least 30 days prior to the start of the training. Please call the Chapter office at 804.204.1339 to discuss your needs or any concerns with a member of the staff.
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted into any NASWVA sponsored trainings or events, without prior written consent by the chapter. For special situations and/or circumstances, please call or email the chapter office.
Early registration ends on Jul 01, 2021.
Regular registration starts on Jul 02, 2021 and ends on Sep 07, 2021.
Late registration starts on Sep 08, 2021.
|| 3 CE Hours